Our main research goals are directed towards development of online model-driven tools for automated database design.
AMADEOS is the first online web-based business-process-model-driven tool for automatic conceptual database design. It enables database designers to automatically generate the target conceptual database model based on a collection of the source business process models that are represented by BPMN or UML activity diagram. For more details about the approach and AMADEOS system, we refer to the following most representative references:
1. Brdjanin, D., Vukotic, A., Banjac, G., Banjac, D., Maric, S.: Automatic Derivation of Conceptual Database Model from a Set of Business Process Models. INISTA 2020, IEEE. (presentation)
2. Brdjanin, D., Ilic, S., Banjac, G., Banjac, D., Maric, S.: Automatic derivation of conceptual database models from differently serialized business process models. Software & Systems Modeling, 2020. (https://rdcu.be/b5npz)
3. Brdjanin, D., Banjac, D., Banjac, G., Maric, S.: Automated Two-phase Business Model-driven Synthesis of Conceptual Database Models. Computer Science and Information Systems, 16(2):657–688, 2019.
4. Brdjanin, D., Banjac, G., Banjac, D., Maric, S.: An experiment in model-driven conceptual database design. Software & Systems Modeling, 18(3):1859–1883, 2019. (https://rdcu.be/J2iK)
5. Brdjanin, D., Banjac, D., Banjac, G., Maric, S.: An Approach to Automated Two-Phase Business Model-Driven Synthesis of Data Models. LNCS, Vol. 10563, pp. 57-70, Springer, 2017.
The research is supported by Ministry for Scientific and Technological Development, Higher Education and Information Society of the Republic of Srpska, through the Project No. 19.032/961-114/19: "AMADEOS: Automatic derivation of conceptual database models from a collection of business process models".
REDBUL is the first online web-based tool for reverse database engineering, which uses the standard UML class diagram to represent database schema extracted from an existing database (MS SQL or MySQL). For more details about the approach and REDBUL system, we refer to the following most representative references:
1. Brdjanin, D., Vukovic, D., Banjac, G., Kelec, A., Dujlovic, I., Obradovic, N, Banjac, D.: REDBUL: An Online System for Reverse Engineering of Relational Databases. INISTA 2020, IEEE. (presentation)
2. Brdjanin, D., Maric, S., Spasic Pavkovic, Z.: On Suitability of Standard UML Notation for Relational Database Schema Representation. LNBIP, Vol. 248, pp. 399-413. Springer, 2016.
Contact us for any additional information.
Patre 5, 78000 Banja Luka, Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina
+387 51 221 820
m-lab (at) etf.unibl.org